From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 21:59:09 +0000
Jeffrey James announced:

>Judith Lang Zaimont's Symphony No. 2 "Remember Me" to Receive May 10
>World Premiere in Ukraine with Kharkov Philharmonic

I'm wondering why this symphony, by an American composer with impressive
credentials, is being premiered in the Ukraine, and not in this country.
I didn't read in Jeffery's post that the symphony was commissioned by
the Kharkov and I would find it hard to believe that American orchestras
were not contacted.  Could it be because of schedule conflicts? Could it
be because of lack of interest? I'm sure the Kharkov is a fine symphony
and will do justice to Ms.  Laing's work.  Aren't there fine orchestras
somewhere in this country who would jump at the opportunity?

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, New Jersey, USA