From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:46:21 EDT
Hooray!!!!!!!  This is the greatest quote I've heard so far!  I would
like someone to come up with a good way that Bach could have been more
"adventuresome"!!!  Hmm...I don't think anyone will be able to give a good
example.  Bach wrote in virtually every genre.  He was great melodically,
his harmonies were quite ahead of his time in many examples, and his
counterpoint is unequaled.  Furthermore, I find it a shame when composers
strive more or are known more for their creativity than their actual music.
what you end up with is a name in a history book and not one seat filled at
a concert!  Don is the man!!!  And he shows it quite clearly with his
addition to this thread!  Thanks Don!

--Wes