From:
Felix Delbruck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:14:53 +1300
About Colin Tilney - he wasn't actually that bad, but he didn't seem
to exploit the nuances that from reading about it I imagined would be
possible on the clavichord.  It sounded like a quieter harpsichord to me.
Then again, library headphones can be misleading.  Question:  what's the
rationale behind playing book 1 of the WTC on the clavichord and book 2 on
the harpsichord, rather than the other way round or simply deciding on a
movement-by-movement basis?

Felix Delbruck