From:
Zeev Schor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:40:25 +0200
Having quite a comprehensive collection of Beethoven's piano sonatas
with various performers, I am planning to invest in a complete set of
the piano sonatas (Is it a good idea to buy a complete set?).  My brother
owns 3 complete sets of the piano sonatas, with Kempff, Brendel and Goode
and in his opinion the Goode performances are the best.

I like very much the performances (somewhat old) of Brendel and Kempff,
but somehow Goode's playing (especially in Beethoven's early piano
sonatas) leaves me cold.  CM Fans' opinion will be appreciated.

Zeev Schor