From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 09:35:26 PDT
Bill Pirkle wrote:

>E-mail lists is a technology that rivals the invention of the printing
>press.  Here are over 900 people communicating almost simultaneously
>about music.  This has never happened before in history.  If a vocabularly
>to explain music in new ways can't come out of this group, then we must
>relegate music to those things we will never understand despite the
>numerous examples of successful creations.

I don't think it's as bad as all that.  Just because a "group" can't agree
on a vocabulary does not mean that any person in the group does not possess
his/her own advantageous vocabulary which works for the individual.  And,
I doubt greatly that the "list" will come up with any agreed upon
vocabulary; we disagree too much.

Don Satz