From:
Christopher Rosevear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:25:21 -0000
Chuck Rittenhouse was optimistic re Ed Zubrow's travels in Italy:

>All the major cities have a classical radio station you can tune in to  ...

I wish!  If you get 5 minutes of classical radio during your 2 weeks,
congratulations!  The classical stations in Italy have such weak wattage
compared to their more affluent pop neighbours and the bands are so closely
set that they get stamped on.

Truly, never has there been a better motto than 'nessun dorma'.  Cherubini
suddenly turns into 'amore, oh-oh-oh-oh' - only louder.

Please correct me if was wrong when you get back!

CR