From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:46:19 PST
I am a proud man today.  Earlier this morning, I spent a few hours and
collected all my Bach recordings which are now in one location.  For a
thoroughly disorganized person, this is a major achievement which rivals
anything else I've accomplished in the past few years.

Now that all my Bach is together, I can subject you to a series of
reviews of Bach works.  Jos will soon be providing an extensive review of
St. Matthew Passion recordings.  I'm not ready at this point to bite into
such a large endeavor, but I will start with reviews of Bach's two and
three part inventions in my next posting on this thread.  Subsequently,
I'll also review other Bach recorded works under the same thread.

In anticipation of the reviewing, I just picked up two additional
recordings of the Inventions, so I'll have quite a few to comment on.
Courtesy of Mimi's recommendation, I also bought a disc of Mendelssohn
string quartets performed by the Mosaiques Quartet on period instruments.
Yes, on a lovely early Spring day like today, every composer is worthy of
continued exploration.  See you next time.

Don Satz