From:
Lloyd Sitkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 23:45:38 EDT
Mr Heersink was kind enough to reply:

>Mr. Sitkoff's magnanimous post, outlining the programs of this online
>station, are to be commended, but listening to this "online" experience
>is anything but satisfactory.  RealPlayer has frequent gaps in the music's
>flow, and the student announcers cannot even pronounce simple English, much
>less tackle foreign names like Scriabin.  I suppose if one doesn't have
>access to a classical radio station, and if one doesn't own a substantial
>number of classical works, this online thing might be of value.  But these
>are two very big IFS, and two that, in my happy instance, don't apply.

I am not certain if RealPlayer is at fault or if it is related to
the connection speed and/or processing speed of the computer.  KNTU
is a volunteer station & most of our host are students with a limited
background.  Some come to us with some background,some with none.  I am
not sure which station S.H.  listens to but in my experience there are
plenty of stations that lack in paid announcer "talent".

Many List members may be aware just how many markets do not have any
stations or none that are worth the time.  Perhaps list members will try
& tune me in from 3-6 PM & possibly sample our "Music after 1900" program
(I choose these selections as well) from 6-8 PM.  If you do not have an
enormous collection or if you are interested in hearing music from every
imaginable corner of the classical music world, please consider giving us
a listen.

Thanks L Sitkoff (Unpaid Volunteer Announcer since February 1982)