From:
Alex Renwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:30:35 -0500
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Alex Renwick wrote,
>
>About all you can do is move to Canada, or close to the 49th parallel,
>[I recommend this option so you can avoid our taxes] where you can pick
>up CBC II.  It's owned by the government of Canada [this will bring forth
>predictable nay saying] bus this is the best protection from going rock.
>
>Another Ottawan heard from. My are we on a roll this evening! But tell me,
>Alex, how long do you think that Radio II (and la Chaine culturelle) will
>continue providing us with classical music with so many politicians and
>voters sighing over our high taxes? ...

I think we are coming at the same thing from different directions. CBC FM
was boadcasting 35 years ago when I moved to Ottawa and it still is. You
are correct in saying we get what we pay for and I'm quite happy with the
government spending money on the CBC [radio]. I very much doubt that the
cutters and slashers will touch CBC radio. If they do, I'll be buying a
whole lot more CD's because there are just no other available stations to
turn to.

That is why I feel for anyone who loses an CM station.

Cheers,

Alex
Ottawa Canada