From:
Alan Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:54:09 -0400
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>This gave me the idea for a thread, ie for a composition that we would
>like to have been written but which, for whatever reason, weren't.  I'm
>thinking particularly of works in a form a composer never used,....

As for some of the comments on Cello concertos, I personally think the
Gliere horn concerto would make a great cello transcription.  Gliere wrote
it for *violin* anyway, might as well play it on a string with the same
relative sound as horn, right? I say violin only because I obviously forgot
that we have to breath while playing...  ;-)

I would have loved a horn concerto by Mahler or Brahms.  And maybe some
chamber works by Mahler.  His emotion would have made for some very
interesting woodwind quintets I think...

Alan Lynn