From:
James Kearney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:24:52 +0100
A BBC Music Magazine feature on "The worst classical CD covers in the
world... ever!" mentioned the following graphics-heavy site, for more
examples of dumb and ugly covers:

   http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/2216/bad.html

Two pictures are missing from the page, but move your mouse over each image
for more witty captions. The page also includes one of Mahler "shot in the
back of the head."

I've recoiled from a few nasty covers in my time. They include all of C.C.
Garbers' designs for early 1980s Sony CDs, with bland photos of the
conductor or soloist, and titled with leftover Letraset. Bruckner's ugly
kisser on the cover brings up my breakfast too.

What CD covers have made you go "Ugh!"? And if anyone can scan and share a
shot of an infamous Karajan Heldenleben LP, which reportedly showed Herbie
dressed in black leathers ringed by spotlights - I would be very grateful
for a copy.

James Kearney