From:
Reynier Bordes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:06:12 +0200
I do more or less as Tore, but with separations between sections:
- instrumental, chamber, orchestral, choral/vocal, lied/song, opera.
Within the section by composer.  If you come to instrumental, opera or
lied recitals, I store by artist if there are various composers, but if I
have to find versions of for instance "Celeste Aida", or Schubert's "Die
Nebensonnen" I recur to my Access database.  And for a CD with a Bartok
piano concerto together with Schumann's 4th symphony I store following my
personal preference, in this case in Bartok.  And if I already have another
Schumann 4, I put an adhesive on it with "Remember:  for Karajan's Schumann
4, see Bartok PC 2".  And there is always the database.  I have approx 1500
CDs and sometimes my memory is failing, but normally I find my way.

Regards.
Reynier Bordes