From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:34:49 -0500
Mats wrote:

>Mahler was in fact Adolf Hitlers second greatest obsession with music after
>Wagner.  I recall reading in an extensive Hitler-biography (don't remember
>which one right now, I have to check), that his experience in the very
>early 20th century with attending a concert in Wien of a Mahler Symphony ...

I'd like for Mats to clarify this.  The only Mahler performance attended by
Hitler that is documented by Henry-Louis de La Grange took place on May 8,
1906, in Vienna.  Mahler conducted Tristan.  As far as I know, there is no
evidence that Hitler ever heard Mahler's music in live performance.  Can
anyone refute that?

Mitch Friedfeld