From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:36:00 -0400
David Stewart wrote:

>The thread about his symphony No. 3 reminded me of this piece.  It is a
>spoken fugue whose material is derived from famous geographical features.
>
>Is there a recording of it?

Probably more than one.  Mine is on Thorophon CTH 2044.  The piece is
recited in German, although I've heard it in English as well.  Other works
on the CD are: Scboenberg's "Begleitmusik fuer eine Lichtspielszene, op.
34; Hindemith's, Overture to "Neues vom Tage" w/ Finale, and Langsames
Stueck und Rondo fuer Trautonium; Blacher's Concertante Musik, Op. 18;
Egk's Variationen ueber ein altes wiener Strophenlied; Peppig's Deutsche
Messe; and Juon's Vionin Sonata.

Walter Meyer