From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:27:24 +0000
In the referenced NewYorker article provided by Janos, Wild not only
jabs at Lang Lang and Brendel.  He also states that Martha Argerich
"can't play eight bars in the same tempo".

Those types of remarks sadden me a little.  I don't think it's becoming
to insult fellow artists and performers, and nothing favorable can result
from such statements.  I'll just have to conclude that Wild's music-making
is more impressive than his vocalizing.

Don Satz