From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:34:45 -0800
Robert Peters <[log in to unmask]>

>What I don't like about a lot of classical music lovers is that they treat
>their heroes like gods and that it is blasphemy to say things like "Mozart
>was a pop musician" or call Wagner "Little Richard".  Goodness, treat
>humans like humans.  And have a little bit of humour.  I for one don't
>like to sit in a concert hall like I do in a church.  Classical music is
>the finest form of entertainment for me but still entertainment.  And
>Mozart is my Frank Sinatra of the classic epoch.

That judgement doesn't necessarily have to lie in OUR wiew of these
composers solely.  For your saying above "Little Rickard" would irritated
have - in a long monologue - bombarded you with arguments about the
importance if himself and his work.  Had you put your hands for your ears
he had screamed so you heard him, and could you stay without fleeing away
for 20 hours, he had barked for 20 hours.  Or as Little Ludwig put it:
"Man muss etwas sein um etwas scheinen" (="You have to be something to
seem to be something").

Mats Norrman