From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:54:21 -0400
Deryk Barker writes re Markevitch:

>Anyone else heard the Marco Polo discs of Markevitch's own music BTW?

After many rave reviews of this series, and as a great admirer of the
conductor, I started hunting for discs of IM's music (at a reasonable
price) and landed a LARGO Polifonica (5127) CD containing Galop (1927),
Noces (1925), Serenade and L'envol d'Icare (1932).  This is thoroughly
delightful and has been spinning merrily on my CD player several times in
the last couple of weeks.  I'm more eager than ever to hunt up other works
by him.  Most interesting essay on M included, too.  Well worth seeking
out.  How do other listers feel about IM as composer?

Eric Kisch