From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:43:01 -0500
Robert Stumpf, II wrote:

>Every now and then I hear some music on the radio, whilst tooling around
>town, that I know, but don't know who is playing it.  On the other hand,
>I just HAVE to know what recording it is becuase I HAVE to have it.  ...
>Any similars to share?

For me it is usually music I don't recognize and MUST know who dunnit!!!
Last example; A wonderful piece which turned out to be Bloch'es Suite
for Viola and Orchestra, which is an arrangement of his Viola Sonata.

Suppose you got in the car just when Wagner's Ring Cycle was starting
up- the whole thing- and you vowed not to stop driving until the announcer
came on at the end, to tell you who thr performers were.  How far would
you get?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Bernard Chasan