From:
Virginia Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:17:13 +0000
Good to hear a bit about what John Butt is up to, anyway.  I sang in a
choir he conducted in Cambridge in the late 1980's.  His sense of humour,
as demonstrated in the off-the-cuff remarks he made to the choir, was
idiosyncratic and quite filthy once you'd stopped to work out the point
of his jokes!

Two friends of mine had all six Schubler chorale preludes played before
their wedding.  Despite being an organist, the groom forgot that the second
is called 'Wo soll ich fliehen hin?'.  We had just the third, BWV 647.

Virginia Knight
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~ggvhk/virginia.html