From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 18:26:19 -0800
Joel Hill wrote:

>In checking our Amazon and other internet sources, I find that CDs for
>both concertos are priced from $45 up to $55 each.  Does anyone know why
>these disks are priced so high?

Supply and demand would be my guess.  The CDs have been deleted, and it
appears that there is some demand for the used CDs.

DG may have deleted these performances as they are in the process of
recording the Brahms concertos again with Simon Rattle and the Berlin
Philharmonic.  The first has been in the can for a little over a year.
This is all inferred from the info at the DG web site.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/