From:
Nicolas Croze-Orton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:45:43 EDT
Do you really believe that the Boulez and ....  Well any of the let's
say Schonberg " followers" hold the key to a new musical kingdom? I don't
think so ...  It ruptured something in music instead of following a
constant evolution in what we feel is musical language, there Is a way of
being evolutionary without falling into tonal rupture AND without being
regressive.  I believe Schnittke is closer to the progressive way in wich
music was going since the 1900`s than Schonberg was (What heresy am I
saying???)....  Try reading :  " Hegel et les vaches du Wisconsin " by
Alessandro Barrico.  It's food for thought in the matter of musical
evolution

Nicolas Croze-Orton