From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:14:25 EDT
Indeed, let's forget the whole thing.  This is, perhaps, the wisest thing
I've read in any of your postings.  However, in your reply to my posting,
I was a little unhappy that my comments were taken out of context.  What
I meant by "Here we are saving a bundle on great performances" was not
to indicate that we buy Naxos for the price but rather that we happen to
be fortunate that we can get great performances regardless of price.

As far as my comment about "...spending 2 dollars more..." is concerned,
It is obvious that we could easily spend up to 15 dollars more (I have
purchased some 20 dollar single CD's) for performances which fall short
of Naxos' typical high quality.  IT is not unlikely that a company would
initiate a 2 dollar price hike on an attracively packaged CD with the hopes
of gaining a higher profit from unwitting or, perhaps, uncaring consumers.
I am satisfied with the artwork and VERY pleased with the performance and
sound.  Only in America!

Wes Crone