From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:43:06 +0200
Dave Lampson wrote:

>I just truly do not understand this seeking out and glorification of
>ugliness.

In my initial report on Galina Ustvolskayas symphonies it was not at
all my intention to glorify ugliness.  I would never dare to call Mrs.
Ustvolskayas music ugly.  I rather think this is very beautiful music
(and I truely enjoy it), fighting its way *against* the ugliness Mrs.
Ustvolskaya was enduring.  Thus I rather was glorifying Mrs.  Ustvoskayas
music, beautyful for some and ugly for others (and I eagerly accept both
opinions), but IMHO great art!

Achim Breiling Ph.D.
email: [log in to unmask]