From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:47:50 +1000
Dave wrote:

>...I'm probably only one of about a dozen people on the planet
>(aside from those who went for the whole set) who bought the 45th and
>last volume in Philips Complete Mozart Edition.  We've already heard
>some of the details of Mozart's London Sketchbook, but Vol.  45, titled
>"Rarities & Surprises", includes 28 of these short pieces in an
>interesting treatment by Erik Smith, the noted Mozart scholar.

This sounds similar to or the same as an LP that was called Mozart in
Chelsea, and might even be the same performances.  At about the same time,
there was a similar LP of wind arrangements of Mozart opera arias.

BTW, in the Mozart program from the TV series on great composers I
mentioned recently, we were played a minuet which is part of K1.

Richard Pennycuick