From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:22:14 -0400
Don wrote about what he could live without; apparently I'm one of them:

>Andrew wrote very highly of Beethoven's 8th symphony; that's the one
>I could easily live without.  But, I'm sure Andrew agrees with me that
>Mozart's best symphony is his 39th.

I would say so.  But it's been a long time since I've listened to it.  I
think Mozart is King of the piano concertos, so when I ache for Mozart I
throw on his piano concertos.  If I want a symphony from the period, I
tipple toward Haydn or Beethoven.

No, seriously, the 38th, 39th and 41st are up there in the stratosphere.
I leave out the 40th not because it isn't great also, but because it is so
sad.  At this time in my life, I need to deceive myself that I am young and
vibrant, even though my left knee is beginning to buck.  But I decided to
give it some trouble back by figuring out some workarounds with my trainer,
Bill Gates.  At all, who do we learn workarounds from but Midgetsoft?

Andrew Carlan
Standing up for Nielsen