From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:11:19 -0000
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Though it is not, strictly speaking, a biography, I think I gained more
>insight into Beethoven's life and work from J.W.N. Stevenson's *Beethoven:
>His Spirtual Development* than from any biography I have seen.

It's actually J.W.N. Sullivan. I bought my copy, brand new, for 35 cents in
a truck stop in Pennsylvania in 1956. I was 12 and didn't know you couldn't
find things like that in a truck stop. Also from the same revolving display
I got Copland's What to Listen for in Music. Good old Mentor books.

Richard, who invites you to visit his classical music site at
http://opuspocus.ca