From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:25:04 PDT
Marian Tryggvason wrote:

>I prefer listening to recordings as I can choose where and when and
>how I listen to it without a load of other bodies getting obtrusive
>one way or another.  I have never yet found a concert hall that
>sounds remotely as good as a good recording.

It's good to hear I'm not alone in preferring the home front for music
listening.  I can't go as far as Marian to say that concert hall sound is
inferior to a good recording - I think the pure sound is better.  But, the
impacts on me of listening at home leave the concert hall in the dust.

As I'm writing this post, I've been trying to locate a worthy work to
listen to among the radio stations on the net - having no luck.  The
concert hall definitely beats what radio has to offer; every station
appears to be playing a syrupy collection of light "goo" which which
would go well with Whitney Houston's typical selections.

Don Satz