From:
Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:03:43 +0100
Bill Karzas replies to me about letter-names:

>I suppose it depends on what language you speak.

The point had occurred to me.  My assumption - quite possibly incorrect -
was that things could be traced back to the Greek alphabet.  Perhaps the
best solution (although not remotely practical, and I don't for a moment
suppose that the world's musicians are about to change the system) would be
to use a sequence of names that was easily memorable but bore no relation
to any other common sequence like the alphabet, or numbers, or days of the
week etc..

Ian Crisp