From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:34:09 -0500
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>Karl Miller wrote:
>
>>In Texas we have a chain of stores called half price where periodicals,
>>books, records, CDs etc.  are sold.  That is another way to recycle.
>
>A chain that pays such pathetically low prices for the goods that they
>buy from the public that it is almost more trouble than it is worth to
>schlep the stuff there.  I agree with Karl that it is more often best
>to simply give the unwanted items to an interested friend.

You are right about that, they pay next to nothing.  On the other hand,
I see it as a donation to a business that helps me, as I frequently buy
things from them.  I guess it depends on one's perspective.  I also have
a similar perspective on what to do with CDs, however, most places give
you more for your CDs than 1/2 Price books...and of course, there is
always ebay...which I plan to use soon to dispose of some of the collectable
records I have found.  And, speaking of half price, I found at one of
our local places a fairly rare item for 99cents...the Furtwangler Eroica
on Urania!

Karl