From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 09:27:54 +1000
Deryk Barker wrote that Paavo Berglund's second Sibelius symphony cycle was
recorded:

>With the Helsinki PO.  The earlier one was made in the 70s with the
>Bournemouth SO and included the first ever Kullervo.

I still like this Kullervo better than any other I've heard (Berglund 2,
Panula, Jarvi) and I wish EMI had released it on CD instead of Berglund 2.
I think my first encounter with it was probably one of my ten most
thrilling musical experiences.

Richard Pennycuick