From:
John Dalmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:45:36 -0500
Joyce Maier wrote:

>Thayer's digressions on the Immortal Beloved are as
>wrong as Solomon's! And IMHO the new hypothesis is also nonsense.

I haven't seen any reference to William Kinderman's recent biography in
which he suggests obliquely that the "Immortal Beloved" is Art itself.
Now how's that for an answer, that the composer's eternal feminine is none
other than his muse!  It certainly raises the subject above the level of
country matters.

John Dalmas