From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:03:29 -0400
Jocelyn Wang wrote:

>I have a problem with the whole premise of this thread.  Since when is
>sexuality low? It isn't low, it is beautiful.  I take issue with any
>self-appointed Guardian of the Public Morality who wants to decide what
>forms of expression should take place.  If Miss Mutter cares to grace a
>CD cover with a bit of her sexuallity, then anyone who doesn't like it
>is perfectly free not to buy her CD, or even look at it.

I have to concur with Jocelyn Wang.  A great many CD covers display the
looks of a performer, whether they be staid, flamboyant, inspirational or
whatever.  It is only when an artist displays him or (more frequently)
herself in as a sexual person that we get all hot under the the collar.
What's going on? If an artist is allowed to present herself however she
(and her publicity people) want, why should a seductive pose be such a
problem?

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other WWW sites
at:  http://infoweb.magi.com/~richard/