From:
Steven Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:27:04 -0700
Bob Draper writes:

>I have been surprised at the way some list members are so obsessed with
>purchasing multiple copies of the same work in order to chase that dream
>of a performance of absolute perfection.

Lately I have been doing considerably less of this for one simple
reason...lack of money.

Allow me to explain, if I can barely afford to buy but one Naxos disk then
I buy a Naxos disks of relatively obscure repetoire since Naxos has a good
selection of such repetoire available and at low prices.  I will concede
that when it comes to Core repetoire, Naxos can not compete against the
likes of Klemperer or Haitink (w/the exception of the late great Georg
Tintner).

I have found that these factors have been actually forcing me to experiment
beyond the "Dead German Guys" genre.

Steve M. (Northern Virginia)