From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:07:40 +0200
Hastening through my local CD store I came a cross a Swedish label
"Artemis" new edition of Salon Musick.  Salon Music is all those small
showy pieces that was conquered by the Grammophone during the 20th century.
To me it is a sort of high quality light music.  I already got set I & II
and the CDs include such nice pieces like Ernst Fischers "Suedlich der
Alpen", Lumbyes "Champagner Galop", Jakob Gade's "Tango Jalousie", whoich
still plays in thousands of Crowns to the Gade-Trust, and Franz Drdla (HOW
is that pronounced???)'s "Souvernir" etc etc.  The new third disc seems to
be a good company to the two others, though it seems to have an affinity
for British pieces.  Hence are, for example, three "Elizabethan" pieces on
it; Binges "Elizabethan Serenade", Baycos "Elizabethan Masque" and the
colourful "Elizabethan March" from Waltons "Henry V".  Apperently conducted
by Malcolm Arnold.

I will provide the details on request, so just mail me it you want to know
more.  But I don't know if they are avaliable outside Sweden.

Mats Norrman