From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:02:03 -0600
Thank you, Karl Miller, for your additional information about Barbara
Nissman.  You wrote:

>Her career was in high gear some years ago, but when her husband became
>ill, she devoted much of her time to him.  She really slipped from view
>and only after he died has she been able to devote more time to her
>career.

For those who don't know, her husband was the distinguished poet Daniel
Haberman.  In his collection of poems and translations, 'The Lug of Days
to Come,' the title poem and 'Loitering Hill' are, in my view, classics.
A very musical poet.

I was not aware that the Pierian issue of the Liszt sonata was a new
performance.  I assumed it was the one originally issued by Newport which
is the one I was referring to.  Because of your description, I've just
ordered it.

Scott Morrison