From:
Kelly Rinne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2010 16:12:23 -0700
To good to not share

obviously NOT a lover of modern music!

The "cacophony" in question? Elgars String Quartet in E-minor, Op. 83

   Subject: Classical Music Broadcast.com: squeaking violins

   I don't mind high-pitched violins now and then, since I
   recognize they must be included in a comprehensive selection
   of classical music in order for it to be comprehensive.

   But today (1 March), you well exceeded my tolerance for
   such squeaking and screeching so I went to a different
   on-line classical music broadcast.

   It's bad enough that violins are that shrill; when that's
   compounded by seeing how many 64th notes a violin can be
   made to play, the frenetic screeching that results is well
   beyond intolerable.  Virtuosity to me isn't an athletic
   achievement; rapid, machine-gun notes emitted by any
   instrument except a banjo is crass and childish, and
   such noise pollution from a violin is criminal.

   Please remember this when generating a playlist.

Kelly Rinne
Welcome our NEW station - http://OperaMusicBroadcast.com
Music Director -  http://classicalmusicbroadcast.com