From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:51:53 +0100
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Kondrashin lived the same kind of life as the composer, just listen to
>his rendition af the 13'th (especially the Russian Disc release), if it
>does not lift You to musical all time high nothing will, the sound quality
>is a down point.

Lets not forget that Haitinks Sjostakovitj 13 is still not bad.  maybe that
comes he has such a good and sensetive singer (Marius Rintzler).  Though I
am not as general a fan of early Haitink.

>If You really want to get a box the Kondrashin is the one I'd recomend
>despite its shortcommings.

I cannot at all claim to have heard everything from these cycles, but
afyter what I have heard I would second this recommendation.

Mats Norrman