From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:43:44 -0400
I feel a need to comment on this musician.  In the 2 concerts I have
attended with him performing, once as soloist in the Dvorak Concerto,
once as conductor, (and I am embarrassed to admit I don't remember
which Shostakovich symphony was on the program).  But, I do come away
with an overpowering sense of what music can be.  And he seems to do this
consistently.  Once when listening to a friend play a recent recording of
Yo Yo Ma in concert doing the Dvorak I put on the Rostropovich performance.
Stunning comparison.  Sorry Yo Yo.

DP Horn, I envy your presence at these concerts.

Regards,

Tom Connor