From:
Susan Juhl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 12:56:57 -0700
Like some posters, I listened to music under the covers of my bed.

Unlike them, what I was listening to, unknown to my parents, was classical
music.

My mother thought "Doggie in the Window" was the sort of music I should
like.  She grudgingly put up with "Autumn Leaves" when I brought that home.
But both folks hated CM, so I had to hide away to listen to it.

Oh, OK, on Friday night I switched stations to catch rhythm 'n blues
broadcast from Oakland.  (Later I discovered the same melody for the very
raunchy Sally Had a Baby was used at Sunday church services as a devotional
Mary Had A Baby...)

Vivaldi et al was broadcast most often, so that's what I liked then.
Later, when I found Bach, I was hooked for life.

Radio is what brought CM into my world.  It's still a major player for most
people.  That's why I am a CM programmer on our public radio station.  When
a teenager comes up and says he loves the show, I know why I'll stay on
doing this.

Susan