From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 21:32:49 -0400
Jee-Sun Huh <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Just wondering how you guys started enjoying classical music the way you
>do today.

My family bought a new stereo, so I naturally wanted to get a record.
I bought a disk of Hawaiian music.  (That took courage to say.) This was
the early 60's - late 50's, Victory at Sea had recently been on the air.
The next two records were the 2 volumes of this Richard Rodgers music.
I really liked the sound of the orchestra.  Next came a Liszt record by
Fiedler and the Boston Pops (I'm from Boston), then the Boston Symphony, a
lot of radio listening and enough money doing odd jobs for a neighbor to
buy an LP each month at the Harvard Coop.  I was on my way.  In High School
I began subscribing to BSO concerts.

That's it.

Regards,

Tom Connor