From:
Peter Herwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:33:52 +0000
Hi Everyone,

Recently I found myself destitute in New York and had to sell a huge
amount of my Cd collection (for a fraction of the cost<sigh>).  Now
I am doing much better and would like to replace some of those Cds but
really would prefer to try something new instead.  I particularly love
chamber music and the lied.  I am looking for some reccomendations of
lieder singers performing the range from Beethoven, Schubert, Brahms and
so on to the present.  Some of my favorite lieder(and Melodie) singers
are Gerard Souzay, Thomas Quasthoff, some Fischer-Dieskau, Bernard
Kruysen, Petre Munteanu, Ernst Haefliger, Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Christa
Ludwig, Lotte Lehmann, Elisabeth Schumann and many, many more.  I am
interested in trying something new and my taste ranges from historical
singers from the beginning of the twentieth century to the present.
Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

All the best,

Peter Herwitz