From:
Todd Michel McComb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 13:31:22 -0700
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>May I please encourage able list members to occasionally pick up
>a few extra cds and donate them to your local public library.

Sigh.  This is precisely what I have wanted to do.  I donate a substantial
number of CDs (basically all that I receive).  However, the local public
library turns up their nose at me; they will agree only to receive the
discs so that they can sell them for cash.  So I donate them to Stanford
University, which has been very polite and accommodating, and I appreciate
that.  However, I feel as though many of these discs would better serve the
world at large in a public library.

Todd McComb