From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:39:21 -0500
Don Satz writes:

>Wonderful!  The BSO can just keep spitting out the same works that they
>spit out in past years, works that Len and like-minded folks love.

No, there's a repertoire of about 500 works that qualify.  The BSO could
probably go for ten years without repeating anything.

>But, it's stagnation on the orchestra's part: keep playing the same
>works in the same way.  That will not revive the BSO.

I expect the BSO to play premieres (i.e., new repertoire that one can't get
on CD), and to enlarge their repertoire periodically.  And one of the joys
of hearing live music is that it's never played "the same way".

len.