From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:46:25 -0400
Janos Gereben wrote:

>And finally, I forgot a bit of information relating to the Robert
>Levin/Rilling lecture-demo on the Levin version of the Mozart Requiem (see
>"the Indiana Jones of `Amadeus"') -- namely, that Rilling commissioned
>Levin's work, which was premiered in Stuttgart, by Rilling, in 1991.

It would have been nice if Mr. Levine had mentioned the work of his
sometime rival Maunder in reconstruction of Mozart's work from the Requiem.
While Levine is clearly the premiere classical style improvisor of our day,
Maunder's scholarly work blazed the trail for him.

Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>