From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:31:38 -0800
Although I am not a consistent fan of Philip Glass (with some notable
exceptions), I find his score for the 1985 "Mishima" very much worth
hearing, with or without the film.

Otherwise, in this post-soundtrack-greats era, Tan Dun's music for "Hero"
and "Wo hu cang long" (Tiger/Dragon) is outstanding...  if perhaps not
making the suite for the latter an exciting programming choice for a
concert - even if done at the Oregon Bach Festival...:)

I doubt that this list will believe me (at least, not without first-hand
experience), but Clint Eastwood's soundtrack for his "Mystic River" -
as recorded by the Boston Symphony!  - ain't no chopped chicken liver
either.

Janos Gereben/SF
www.sfcv.org