From:
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:28:40 -0500
Perhaps I should take this occasion to plug my own "Ciaconna Variata" which
exists in one version for piano trio and one for piano and two saxophones.
"Ciaconna" is used here more in the sense of the triple-metered danse than
the recurring chord progression--severe as the style is it is not a chaconne
in the latter sense.

Has anyone ever run across a chaconne by Reger? I would think that that
would be a form that would have fascinated him.

Aaron J. Rabushka
http://www.cowtown.net/users/arabushk/