From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:14:01 -0600
Chris Bonds wrote:

>I am curious to know what list contributors think of Ricci's playing,
>especially his later efforts (he does a sonata CD with Argerich!)
>
>As for me I admire his facility, but sometimes he sounds "disengaged"
>from the music, when a warm lyricism is required.

Well,Ruggiero Ricci playing was mostly great, but it's true sometimes he
was "disengaged" because most times he played drunk.  If he would played a
two violin concerti together with Szering,the whole auditorium could became
drunk.  I knew a person who was close to Szeryng,and she tell me he drinks
a whole scotch whisky glass before playing(but he was drinking a lot before
that glass).Anyway i don't care,he was great.

Gerardo:.