From:
"Norman M. Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2022 18:02:31 -0500
Donald Satz writes:

>I share Deryk's opinion.  I don't think it's the case that Nos.25 & 26 are
>not excellent concertos.  It's just that, for me, nos.  17 thru 24 are my
>favorite piano concertos of any time period

While I have very high regard and respect for Donald's views and opinions,
I can't escape thinking something is wrong here!  Can LvB' 3-5 be
overlooked?.  The Mozart and Beethoven PC satisfy different needs required
at different times!  Can there really be such a thing as "favorite piano
concertos of any time period" for any listener ALL THE TIME?

"Norman M. Schwartz" <[log in to unmask]>