From:
Jocelyn Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:04:24 -0800
Jos Janssen <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I re-iterate: being faithful, original, historically informed or not,
>individual or anything is beside the point.  Staying interested yourself
>as a musician and interesting your public is what counts.

The argument that altering the work will improve it is weak.  No one's
judgement is better on this point than that of the composer.  And, no,
being faithful is hardly beside the point.  Without this faithfulness,
what is being performed is something other than the composer's creation.

-Jocelyn Wang
Culver Chamber Music Series
Come see our web page: www.bigfoot.com/~CulverMusic