From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:19:05 -0500
Richard Pennycuick said:

>This CD has been one of Chandos's best sellers for some years.

The copy of this that I have with the same forces is on Musical Heritage's
label, but seems to be the same disk.

The Chang on Naxos is nice too, and I have some ancient recordings
of Hummel.  The Rondo Brillant on a Russian Theme, Op 98 w/ Blumental
(a piano and orchestra work) and the "Les Adieux" Concerto w/ Hans Kann.
Both of these are quite nice.  The Kann is a CD, Vol 1 form Vox's Romantic
Concerto series.  I liked the Rondo enough to convert it to CD.

There is also a Concerto for piano and violin w/ Galling and Lautenbacher
that I haven't listened to in a long time.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan